The Metro bus terminal at Mochit 2 provides a place for metro buses to terminate. This terminal also acts as a bus depot and re fueling point for the metro buses. There is no bus workshop here for the metro buses. But a mobile bus repair crew is stationed here.
There are currently 21 metro bus routes operate from Mochit 2 bus terminal. There are also a number of other bus routes that use Mochit 2 as a bus depot. The Metro bus terminal is located a 5 min walk south of the intercity bus terminal and is surrounded by a large food market. The metro bus terminal operates 24 hours a day as there are a few 24 hour bus routes operating from Mochit 2.
At the back of the metro bus terminal along the western approach road there is an expressway van service terminal. These vans provide additional and faster mass transport services from outer areas of Bangkok to Mochit 2.
1. This is a shot of the bus waiting area inside the bus terminal. The buses are arranged in an L shape around the edge of the waiting area and market.
2. This is a shot of a small part of the market that is all around the bus terminal. The market is rather annoying as it slows down passenger traffic inside the bus terminal and on the walkways to the main intercity terminal.
3. This is an image of the bus route control offices at the bus terminal. These offices one for each route provide change for the ticket ladies and allow them to lodge their ticket paperwork at the end of run or round trip.
4. This is a shot of the bus departure bays at the metro bus terminal. Taken from the eastern side looking south.
5. This is a shot of the bus departure bays at the metro bus terminal looking west. If it rains at this terminal it’s a real pain as it suffers from minor flooding and there is no shelter over the buses.
6. This is an image of a route 104 Pak Kret – Mochit 2 bus. Bus number 104 – 1. Seen at the arrival stop at Mochit 2 bus terminal.
7. This is a shot of a smoky route 138 Phra Pradaeng – Mochit 2 expressway bus. Bus number BMTA 5 – 66021. This is a Euro 2 Merc bus. Taken as it roars though the bus yard.
8. This is a picture of a route 170 Om Yai – Mochit 2 bus. Bus number 170 – 25. This bus appears to be a recent purchase from BMTA as the old number can still be seen 3 – 6152. This is a very old merc aircon bus.
9. This is a shot of a route 134 Kheha Bua Thong – Mochit 2 bus. This is a 24 hour bus service. Bus number BMTA 7 – 7036. Bus type Aircon Isuzu.
10. This is an image of a route 3 Klong San – Mochit 2 bus. This is a 24 hour bus service. Bus number BMTA 8 – 80329. Bus type non aircon Mitsubishi. Note these Mitsubishi buses are all rear engine.
11. This is a shot of a route 26 bus racing towards a route 517 bus in the Mochit 2 bus yard. The fuelling point is just behind the rear of bus number BMTA 2 – 80062.
12. This is a great shot of the 3 different sizes of aircon bus used by BMTA. The bus in the background is an artic. The foreground is a BMTA expressway van service.
13. This is a shot of a group of route 517 Lat Krabang – Mochit 2 buses. All three buses are Hino aircon buses.
14. This is an image of an artic bus undergoing repairs at the back of the bus yard at mochit 2. The old truck to the right is the mobile bus repair crew.
15. This is a shot of a route 145 Paknam – Mochit 2 artic aircon bus. This is a 24 hour bus service. Bus number BMTA 3 – 9029. This is a very old Merc O305 artic bus.
16. This is a shot of the drivers seat on the artic bus. There are now only 2 routes with artic buses left in Bangkok route 511 and 145 both are very busy 24 hour bus routes.
17. This is an inside shot of the artic bus. These buses can hold when full up to 180 people. But when its full its hard to move around inside to get to the door.
18. This is a general view of the metro bus storage yard at Mochit 2. The orange building in the background is the end of the intercity terminal building.
19. This is a shot of a route 182 Ramkhamhaeng University 2 – Mochit 2 bus. Bus number 182 – 3. This bus was refurbished at some point as it has been converted to run on NGV.
20. This is a shot of a route 536 Paknam – Mochit 2 expressway bus. Bus number BMTA 3 – 6856. This bus is an older Merc bus.
21. This is a group of private buses parked behind the metro bus terminal. They operate on routes 104 and 170.
22. This is a group of BMTA bus parked on the eastern side of the metro bus terminal.
23. This is an inside shot of an Isuzu euro 2 aircon bus. These buses can hold up to 100 people. These buses have better aircon than most BMTA buses.
24. This is an inside shot of a Mitsubishi non aircon bus. These buses can hold up to 100 people.
25. This is a shot of another type of bus used on route 145. This is a merc bus. Bus number BMTA 3 – 66384.
26. This is a shot of a route 49 Hualamphong SRT station – Mochit 2 bus. Bus number BMTA 8 – 55068. This is a euro 2 Isuzu.
27. This is an image of a route 90 Pathum Thani – Mochit 2. Bus number 90 – 29. Bus make unknown. But they are estimated to be around 40 years old. The Nonthaburi metro bus company uses this same type of bus. They are very loud when running. So loud that it’s hard to hear inside.
28. This is an inside shot of a route 90 bus. This bus can hold up to 90 people. Note the seats at the back are very low to the floor and offer poor legroom. Plus the noise is much worse at the back.
29. This is a picture of a route 529 Samae Dum – Mochit 2 bus just arriving at Mochit 2. This is a hino aircon bus. Bus number 529 – 9. This bus is powered by NGV.
This last section is dedicated to the BMTA controlled Expressway vans.
30. This is a shot of a group of expressway van stored on the side of the western approach road to the bus terminal.
31. This is an image of a few expressway vans waiting to depart from the van section of the bus terminal. They only leave when full. Each van holds 15 people.
32. This is an inside shot of an expressway van. The seating is very simple and offers very little legroom. These vans operate mostly as express shuttles as it’s not possible to fit more people in on route as they always leave the terminals full.
I hope you find the pictures and vehicles shown to be of interest if you view this please post some comments and feelings about the pictures.