1. A Route 37 Bus: Chaeng Ron to Maha Nak. This is some kind of Merc Euro 2 bus. Taken at the front of Wong Wian Yai station. Note: This bus was stuck in a stand still jam the lady was running to get this bus. Every 10 mins.
2. A route 167 Bus: Bang Bon to Klong San. This is a Merc non aircond bus This is one of many routes that compete with the train. Taken at Wong Wian Yai Station also stuck in the same traffic jam. Every 10 mins.
3. A route 42 Mini Bus: Bi directional Circle Tha Phra to Giant Swing. This is a Merc Mini Bus type unknown. Bus number not visible. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop in Wong Wian Yai. Note these mini buses can hold upto 42 people. Every 2 to 5 mins.
4. A route 4 Bus: Klong Toei Port to Phasi Charoen Pier. BMTA number 4-40460. taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. This is a Hino Non aircond bus. Every 5 mins. (24 hour service)
5. A route 43 bus: Sueksa Nari Witthaya School 2 to Klong San. Bus number not visible. Bus type Unknown. This is yet another bus that competes with the railway line. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Every 10 mins.
6. A route 164 bus: Puttha Monthon Sai 4 to Victory Monument. Bus number 164-49. Bus type unknown. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Every 10 mins.
7.A route 7 bus: Klong Khwang to Hua Lamphong. BMTA Number 6-30311. This is some type of Merc city bus. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Every 5 mins. (24 hour service)
8. A route 89 bus: Bangkok Rajamangala Institute of Technology to Taling Chan Police Station. Bus number 89-10.Bus type unknown. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Every 5 to 10 mins.
9. This is one of a few unusual Green minibuses seen on route 42 at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Bus number and type not known. Possiably a merc. These appear to be a better version as they are taller inside.
10. Route 84N bus: Aue Arthon Villiage (Salaya) to Klong San. BMTA number 6-56119. This is an Isuzu Bus. There are thousands of these aircond buses. This is the second most new type of bus in Bangkok. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Every 5 to 10 mins.
11. Route 542 bus: Bi directional circle Pink Lao to Victory Monument. Bus Number 542 –13. This is an O404 Merc City bus. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. This route also has the New Yellow city buses. Every 10 mins.
12. Route 111 bus: Bi Drectional Circle Talat Phlu market to Bukkhalo. BMTA number 5- 40118. This is a Hino bus. It is operated from the Samae Dum BMTA depot. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Every 10 mins.
13. Route 9 bus: Samsen railway station to Soi Gamnunman Depot. Bus Number 9-30. Bus type unknown taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Every 10 mins.
14. Route 7 bus: Sueksa Nari Witthaya School to Hua Lamphong. Bus Number 7-26. This yet another Merc O404 city bus. Taken at the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Every 5 to 10 mins.
15. A couple of local tour buses passing the Intharaphithak rd bus stop. Type unknown.
16. This is an example of the small streets around the wong wian yai station area. This Soi connects Intharaphithak rd with the railway station. This soi is too narrow for normal cars to pass.
17. Route 82 bus: Phra Pradaeng to Sanam Luang. Bus number not shown. This is a Merc mini bus of a different type to the normal ones. Taken at the footbridge outside wong wian yai station. Every 2 to 5 mins (24 hour service)
18. This is the inbound traffic at the start of the evening peak hour. This is a stand still Jam. The white Number 57 is the rail bus to Klong San. The blue and white number 85 runs to Hua Lamphong station and can take over 1 hour just to travel the 3km from this spot. This is taken from the footbridge at Wong Wian Yai.
19. This is a shot of the traffic from the same footbridge facing the Wong Wian Yai junction. The Statue in the middle is of King Taksin from about 300 years ago. This junction is one of only a handful of traffic circles in Bangkok.
20. Now for something different:
This is the Bang Bon to Bang Khunthian Lower via Central Rama 2 Truck Bus service. In the dry season it takes about 1 hour end to end. In the Wet season this route can blow out to 3 hours due to deep mud and flooding on Bang Khunthian road. Every 15 mins (5am to 11pm).
I hope you find the pictures and vehicles shown to be of interest if you view this please post some comments and feelings about the pictures.