Today I went out to get some pictures of my local buses that run along rama 2 road. The Buses that operate along Rama 2 road are 17,68,76,105,140,141,142, 147,169,171,172,173,529,558,976 and some truck services.
1. Route 147 Circle: Rama 2 – Dao Khanong – Bang Khae. This is bus 147-5 seen at the Kheha Thonburi (Soi 60) bus stop. Bus make unknown. Every 2 to 5 mins.
2. This is the driver’s seat of bus 147 –5. This is fairly standard for this kind of bus.
3. This is the passenger seating section of bus 147 –5 (Route 147 Bus number 5).
4. Route 141 Expressway: Samae Dum to Chulalongkorn University. This is a Merc O404 as far as I know. Every 10 mins.
5. Mahachai city to Central Rama 2 Truck service. This runs every 5 mins all day and the route is about 40 km long.
6. 24hour mini truck service operates along Rama 2 road from Dao Khanong to Kheha Thonburi. Every 10 mins.
7. Route 529: Mochit 2 to Samae Dum: Bus at holding area at Samae Dum (Panthai shrine). This is a Hino bus. Every 10 to 15 mins.
8. This is the driver’s seat of the above bus. This is fairly standard for a modern aircond bus.
9. This is the passenger seating area of the same bus.
10. Bus number 529-15 at holding area.
11. Side view of Bus 529 –15. This bus had just terminated here.
12. View of Route 529’s southern bus holding area.
13. Rear shot including engine of Bus 529 –15 the engine door is open to help cooling while running.
14. Bus route 105: Klong San to mahachai mai (new mahachai city) this is taken at the route 105 bus holding area its peak hour so all most all buses are out. Hino Non aircond BMTA 5- 40121. Every 10 mins.
15. This is the passenger area of BMTA 5- 40121
16. Route 140 Expressway: Mahachai Mai to Victory Monument Bus number 140-12 Type unknown. Taken at route 140 holding area at Mahachai Mai. Every 15 mins.
17. Route 68: Mahachai city – Sanam Luang passing the inbound stop at Mahachai Mai. This is another merc O404 city bus. Every 5 to 10 mins.
18. Route 105 Red: Mahachai Mai to Kilometer 9 via Rama 2 seen at inbound stop at Mahachai Mai. This is a Merc bus type unknown. Every 10 mins.
19: Bus number 140-12 waiting to depart at mahachai mai.
20: The passenger section of bus 140 – 12 facing the back.
21: Bus 140- 12 facing the front. Note the engine is under the floor at the front.
22: Route 140 expressway: Samae Dum to Victory Monument. Seen at Kheha Thonburi. BMTA 5- 67220 this is a Daewoo bus. Every 2 to 5 mins.
23: Route 142 expressway: Kheha Thonburi to Paknam. BMTA 3-66236 another angle on a Daewoo bus. Seen at Kheha Thonburi.(soi 60) Note: this bus will be full in about 10 stops for this spot it’s a very busy route operates from 3.30am to 11pm 7 days a week every 2 to 5 mins.
24: Route 558 expressway: Suvarnabhumi Airport to Samae Dum. BMTA 5-67174 another Daewoo bus. This was seen at Kheha Thonburi stop. This route is 70km long operates every 15 to 20 mins from 4am to 12am 7days a week.
25: Route 17: Kheha Thonburi to Victory monument seen at Kheha Thonburi This is a hino bus and will run to Ratburana peir only as per the white/red sign. The full route at peak takes around 2 and half hours one way. Every 2 to 5 mins.
26: The doorway of a Route 17 bus. They only stop of a few seconds when letting people on or off.
27: Route 172: Kheha Thonburi to Happy land. Bus no 172-10 seen at kheha thonburi. This route runs every 10 mins and takes over 3 hours to reach the other end. Bus type unknown.
28: Rear shot of a route 147 bus. This is a very bus route. This bus was seen at kheha Thonburi. Bus no 147-62. This is the same type as seen earlier.
29: Rear shot of Route 141 Expressway at Kheha thonburi this is an O404 city bus. BMTA No 5-6541.
30: Motobike taxi stand common at the Entrance to most sois on Rama 2.
I hope you find the pictures and vehicles shown to be of interest if you view this please post some comments and feelings about the pictures.